Being Pro-Life is Pro-Child
Being ProLife is Pro-Child
Once we as a society we begin to value human life, specifically at conception, then we finally see the ending of then atrocities and abuse to children all over the world.
If you ever watch the television, you will see and hear story after story of children being sexually abused by a friend or family member, a parent starving an beating their child, a child being sold into the sex trade.... unfortunately this list could go on forever of the abuse of children permeates the fabric of our society today.
The data is horrifying:
- Estimated 54 Million abortions in the United States since the legalization of abortion in 1973
- ChildTrendsDatabank.org reports in 2010 there were an estimated 408,000 children in foster care.
- According to WorldOrphans.org - There are an estimated 163,000,000 orphans worldwide. Some of these orphans have lost one parent, some both, and some are "virtual" orphans that have been turned out onto the streets by their families, but all are vulnerable and in need of help. Without assistance these orphans continue in the cycle of poverty, HIV/AIDS, trafficking, prostitution and slavery that haunts developing countries.
- UNICEF estimates that as many as 50% of all trafficking victims worldwide are children and that as many as two thirds of those children are at some point forced into the sex trade. Two children are SOLD every minute.
- Children are suffering from a hidden epidemic of child abuse and neglect. Over 3 million reports of child abuse are made every year in the United States; however, those reports can include multiple children. In 2009, approximately 3.3 million child abuse reports and allegations were made involving an estimated 6 million children. 1
This has happened and will continue to happen because we as a societly have stopped valuing human life! We have stopped caring for the ones who do not have the voice to speak...
If we are Pro-Child then we must be Pro-Family and Pro-Adoption. There are so many children who are in need of good loving homes from all around the world. We need to open our homes, our hearts, our churches and make a difference in the lives of these orphans all around the word. It is our responsibility to be Pro-Life in all of its forms.
We need to continue to shout and stand up for the ending of abortion from the rooftops and support the Pro-Life Movement in every way possible.. You can do something by getting involved in your city with a Silent Siege, Start an Adoption Awareness Group at your church, Attend Conferences or Prayer Events, Support a Prolife ministry like Backtolifemovement.com or even something as simple as posting Articles and blogs on your blog, facebook and twitter...
We all have a part to Play, what will you do?
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Administration on Children, Youth and Families, Children’s Bureau. (2010). Child Maltreatment 2009. Available from http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/stats_research/index.htm#can